Skylark 3.3L chokes.

92 Buick Skylark 3.3L is chugging/choking at any time, but mostly from a dead stop or around the 40-43 mph (lacks power after torque converter engages) but it doesn't happen when changing gears. Its a 3 speed automatic. After third gear, rpms drop to 1500 (normal), then it chokes a bit, and sounds like it runs a little rough when accelerating up a slight incline.

It nearly stalled while moving through the parking lot at a slow speed after start up.

Is ok when driving at 45 mph and above.

I had Advance run codes on it and found a code 27 indicating 3rd gear switch problem. It doesn't make sense to me however. I know the code points to the valve body of the transmission.

I have changed the O2 sensor and plugs.

Could it be the coil pack? Plug wires? Transmission?

any ideas

Could be a lot of things. Do the usual: check, clean, and/or replace: TPS IAC MAT MAF Throttle body Plug wires (check them while they are HOT! - not over 8k)

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?py=B0ats=40texxxas=2Enet?=

(snip)

Glad it worked out for you. You are very thorough. I usually just stick the sucker hose from my sprayer into a can of xylene and blast everything with the air compressor. Takes off carbon, paint, dirt, and everything. I never thought about taking off the battery cable. That might be a good idea. Paul.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?py=BAats=40texxxas=2Enet?=