On my usual run around to the big 3 on Sunday morning I saw 5, 2005 Park
Avenues & 2 Ultra's on the lot. There are a few appearance differences,
but they are slight.
The price went up - no surprise here.
Park Ave base price $35,555
Ultra base price $40,700
PARK AVENUE - changes
1. ( New ) 3 portholes on each fender.
2. Revised grille - same shape as 97-04 but added black vertical bars
with chrome inset bars makes it look less chromey.
ULTRA & PARK AVENUE -changes
1. 15" wide Chrome strip on lower edge of decklid, centered above
license plate depression. The chrome strip has Park Avenue or Ultra
stamped into it.
2. Revised Tail Light assembly. Same shape & size as 97-04. Major change
is the upper portion of the tail light lens ( which was red ) is clear
plastic ( like a back up lens ). The upper portion on the decklid has
one amber turnsignal bulb behind it. The outboard tail lights upper
portion has nothing behind the clear lens. The back up lights remain as
they were toward the middle on either side of the license plate. The
Chrome trim around the tail light assembly remains the same as 97-04.
3. Ultra & Park Avenue scripts are nolonger featured on the rear quarter
panels. Ultra loses the round Buick logo from the trunklid.
4. The B U I C K letters indented into the rear bumper fascia now have
chrome self adhesive B U I C K letters set into the indentation. ( like
97 - 00 had ).
Wheels & Interiors looked the same. The ones on the lot were the same
colors as offered in 04'.
Only 5 PA's on the lot - but rows & rows and rows of Escalades,
Devilles, CTS, Sevilles & LeSabre's & Bummers H2.
Chicago Tribune today indicated the redesigned 06' LeSabre will be FWD.
1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE
3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey
~~~The Former Fleet ~~~
89 Cavalier Z 24 convertible
78 Holiday 88 coupe
68 LeSabre convertible
73 Impala sedan