Snapped My Antenna (2001 Suburban)

Right at the base, so I can't just replace the mast. I have the parts on order. Will I have to disconnect the antenna cable from the radio or is there a connection outside under the hood somewhere? It doesn't appear that
can disconnect from the base...I'm hoping I don't have to pull my dash apart to do this. Anyone done this lately?
Thanks.
this is going to be a pain. i believe you have to remove the fender. then the cable goes through the door ring (body side of the door). at which point it is routed to the hvac ducting. so you will probably have to remove the intrument panel top cover. not fun at all.
Wow, are you serious? Take the vendor off? I'll have to bring it into the dealer for that...
Anyone else done this?
Thanks Baboo.
BG

You might be able to cut the old wire off on outside and use it as you would a fish-tape to pull the new wire through. Just a thought.
Kirk

Just a thought, why don't you get a stick on windshield antenna and forget the original one. Couldn't look that bad if snapped off at the base. See: http://www.custom-autosound.com/prodList.php?FamID