soft plug

How do you remove a soft plug out of a 1995 gmc jimmy I've already punctured a hole in it so now it must come out

Reply to
Hydroponic

"Hydroponic" wrote: 1995 gmc jimmy

How do you remove a soft plug. I've punctured a hole in it.

=============================

One of these methods should work:

1.) Stick a screwdriver in the punched hole and pry the plug out with leverage against the block.

2.) Punch the hole bigger and grip the metal with vise-grips or pliers and pull out the plug. It may come out in pieces.

3.) Stick a hacksaw blade in the hole and cut almost through the flange then pull it out. Do not cut through the flange and damage the mating hole where the new plug will go.

In any case, clean up the mating hole so the new plug will seal.

Good luck.

Reply to
Wendy & John

Assume you are talking about a freeze plug. If you have access, take a punch and hammer and drive one edge inward. Should spin sideways in the hole and then it's easy to grab and pull out.

Reply to
Weird