Son of a B****!

So, I get home tonight. What do I hear as I pull in the parking lot? KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOC K!

Nice.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

How many miles on that 3.4 DOHC Steve? I've not had this happen to mine but aren't they known for the dummy camshaft breaking? Just hoping for your sake it's not a rod.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

250,000kms, sound like a rod.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

That stinks....

Reply to
el Diablo

I was looking at the car today, noticed that it really doesn't sound like bottom end. Took the "valve cover" off and ran the engine, it's the lifters. At idle it's mostly only cylinder 6, give it a shot and it sounds like all of them. I was thinking it's not getting oil, but the idiot light isn't on and there seems to be oil flow through the cam carrier.

Doesn't really matter now though, as I was doing this the f****** motor siezed. Nice.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Seized! Sure it wasn't a rod or main after all? Are you going to open it up or just look for a replacement?

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Don't have time to mess around, I'm moving in two days, from Ontario to Nova Scotia. I'm just replacing it, then I'll open it up to see what happened.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Enjoy. I moved from Nova Scotia to Ontario 12 years ago. Wish I could go back home :(

Reply to
Brad Clarke

We haven't been in Ontario long, only a few years. Going back now before we are here for 12 years and wishing we could go back home. ;)

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Was somebody knocking at the door cuz the bell was out of order?

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

That honestly took me a few to figure out what you were talking about. Too early.

Reply to
Steve Mackie