Son of a B****!

So, I get home tonight. What do I hear as I pull in the parking lot? KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOC K!
Nice.
Steve

How many miles on that 3.4 DOHC Steve? I've not had this happen to mine but aren't they known for the dummy camshaft breaking? Just hoping for your sake it's not a rod.
Brian

but
250,000kms, sound like a rod.
Steve

That stinks....
I was looking at the car today, noticed that it really doesn't sound like bottom end. Took the "valve cover" off and ran the engine, it's the lifters. At idle it's mostly only cylinder 6, give it a shot and it sounds like all of them. I was thinking it's not getting oil, but the idiot light isn't on and there seems to be oil flow through the cam carrier.
Doesn't really matter now though, as I was doing this the f****** motor siezed. Nice.
Steve

Seized! Sure it wasn't a rod or main after all? Are you going to open it up or just look for a replacement?
Brian
Don't have time to mess around, I'm moving in two days, from Ontario to Nova Scotia. I'm just replacing it, then I'll open it up to see what happened.
Steve

all
on
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 20:53:31 -0400, "Steve Mackie"

Enjoy. I moved from Nova Scotia to Ontario 12 years ago. Wish I could go back home :(

Nova
We haven't been in Ontario long, only a few years. Going back now before we are here for 12 years and wishing we could go back home. ;)
Steve
Was somebody knocking at the door cuz the bell was out of order?
Harryface 05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
That honestly took me a few to figure out what you were talking about. Too early.