Spark Plugs in Chevy Lumina

Hello all. Today I decided to change the spark plugs on my 1996 Chevy Lumina, with the 3.1 liter engine. I find I cannot access the rear bank of plugs. In fact, I cannot even see them because the engine is so close to the firewall. How does one access these plugs? Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Bob

take that dog bone out, and put the car in reverse hold the brake and give it a little gas, have an assistant put a block of wood behind the engine so it doesnt go back to its original spot

I might assume this applies to your car.

It is easy, but not a piece of cake.

Reply to
Adam

Oh God, don't do that. Remove the dog bones, put bolt back in mount and use pry bar or use ratchet strap.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Reply to
ROY BRAGG

Use a ratchet strap to pull and hold the engine forward.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

'Scuse me while I top post.

You'll need Thext> Use a ratchet strap to pull and hold the engine forward.

Reply to
Squirrel

The car must be in NEUTRAL !!!

Reply to
Rick

'Scuse me while I top post.

You'll need Thexton part number THE419X or similar, but I've always used a racheting motorcycle tiedown strap. Also, the car has to be in neutral before you can rock the engine forward.

Steve Mackie wrote: > Use a ratchet strap to pull and hold the engine forward. >

Reply to
Bob