Speed up getting clear title from gmac loan?

Hey all -

Wanted to check to see if anyone out there has dealt with gmac auto finance...

I made a deal to buy a 2003 Vibe from a guy, but he just found out that it's going to take 2 weeks to get the clear title back from gmac once he sends in the payment.

I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with getting a cleared title from gmac more quickly after paying off a loan - any way to speed it up so that he can transfer the title to me faster?

Thanks!

Reply to
Your name

Find out where the title is, which GM facility, usually a regional office. Get a certified money order or check, go with him to the facility and do the deal.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Go to a title agent. They can pay off the loan and issue issue a temporary title/registration on the day of sale.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Wish it wss that easy... apparently in Michigan you have to do all private title transfers at a Secretary of State office.

Also got ahold of gmac and they said there was no way to pick it up in person... 3-5 day hold for cashiers check, plus mailing time both ways ;(

"Mike Hunter" wrote in news:xtGdnV snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

Reply to
Your name

One thing about asking for advice, you are free to take the advice you are offered or not, as you see fit

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

If you are in Michigan YOU should have the title. Finance companies do not hold the title in Michigan. Take cash to any gmac office , tell them to bring up the balance in the computer and pay what is owed. Have them sign off the lein on the release of lein line on the title and be on your way. If they won't let you pay it off and release it that way tell them you want it in writing that they will not accept your payment. Get the branch manager involved. Refusal of payment cancels debts in some states. Remind the Branch Manager of this.

Reply to
Joe