Sports Sedan

Page 3 of 3
Zon wrote:

As for "family sedan", you do know that the S70 is a 850 with new sheetmetal? I'd put a 850 R against most of these pretenders anyday.

Dude, if you look at the cars this guy is considering, both the IS300 and M3 are probably too small for him. Then again, the S4 isn't much bigger. If you want a *sporty* car, and will probably blow the doors off of most if not all the cars mentioned, take a look at the Subaru WRX at about $25K or for even more performance, the Subaru WRX STI which starts at about $30k....
bfd wrote:

Well, if we're open to suggesting other cars, the WRX is definately near the top of the list. They barely modify them and go out and well - watch Speed Channel sometime. Rally racing is nothing short of insanity. 100mph+ down little fire roads.
Other than that, he'd probably have the look for exotics or something used. I just figured he was looking for something also useable as a typical family sedan, which makes it harder.
It depends upon his budget.

This is a pretty funny thread... But just wanted to add to the comments on S4- not sporty enough... Thats just silly! If we are talking about the new one.. Um. NO. If we are talking about the 2000-2002 model.. Um. NO. Best thing about the turbo ones, is cheap and easy to modify. Loads of performance in there....
Cheers,
Adam

They are not nearly as long, which is quite distressing. Nor could they be mistaken for a Hudson at a distance, which might spoil your plans to attend a classic car meet. I also find that they do not measure up on the critical "mouse-fur-seat" scale. To add insult to injury, the makers of these so-called competing vehicles often thrust a "console" between one and one's bitch, making the successful acquisition of in- flight oral gratification difficult at best and painful at worst.

Sir, you will search in vain for a foreign company, run by those stinking Jerries, which can match the reliability, interior quality, and deft handling of a mid-Nineties uprated Caprice. For proof of this, I invite you to visit New York City and see which one of those nancy-boy foreign cars, if any, is doing taxicab duty. While the "E" does taxi duty overseas, I suspect Europeans rarely vomit in their cabs, as they typically visit a so-called "vomitorium" immediately after consuming vast quantities of grapes and young boys, as seen in the recent infomercial "I, Claudius".
ted neon wrote:

Uh, dude - April Fool's Day was over a while ago.
-- Mike Smith
Matched Chevy's quality? That would be a giant leap backwards for most, if not all, of the models you listed.

or

or
chevy...for a bargin price you can get an old school impala SS with the corvette engine. it will last you 300k, never break and blow the doors off the euro cars listed. i have one and its much better than the bmw 540i my coworker has, smoother, more torque and will throw you back into your seat like the space shuttle. i owned a mercedes e320 shortly and i was dissopointed in the performance and quality, i'll go with the impala ss anyday over that...its a real drivers car.
Don't feed the trolls. Please.