Spring Leaf Removal

I have a '88 S10 Blazer that I would like to remove a couple of the rear spring leaves from. I'm hoping that I can get some pointers before I tear into this. How are the leaves held together? Are they bolted or riveted together? I've converted the Blazer into a 2 seat roadster, and there is way too much rebound in the rear, I get air going over bumps!

4 leaves are too many, I think 2 will be fine. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Reply to
Ralph Shapiro