"Squeaky" rear suspension...fine when raining/wet out??

My 89 Cutlass Supreme has been "squeaking" during all small and large bumps for about a month now. It's only coming from the rear-passenger side. The struts(KYB-GR2) and strut mounts are basically still brand-new only 3 months old.

Today it rained quite a bit and the "squeak" was completely GONE during and for about 2 hours afterward.

Now to me, this indicates it's probably something rubber, because when the rubber was wet, it wasn't making any noise, only when it's dry.

Keep in mind, this type of car is a W-Body that uses a transversly mounted leaf-spring in the rear.

Anyone with any suggestions as to what exactly this could be? Or, if it is indeed the strut, could you explain why it's fine when WET?

THANKS!:)

Reply to
bigbossfan80

same problem here, dodge Dakota rear leafs, 2 ideas come to mind.

jack the car up and spray in some lube between the leafs, also spray the area where the leafs are held to the car, bet your rubber in this area is almost gone too.

Reply to
Punch

How about sway bar bushings, sway bar links, strut mounts, strut bumpers?

Reply to
saeengineer

At the ends of the mono leaf spring, there should be a rubber piece at each end. If not, that is your squeak. I guarantee it. They are a $15 from NAPA.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Schoell