Squeek uh - Squeek uh

94 S-10 Blazer. Noticed that in the rear inside the vehicle there's noticable squeek that gets worse as highway speeds are approached. Very irritating on the highway. Around town, barely or doesn't do it at all. I pulled the spare tire, spare tire retaining hardware, jack etc. out of the vehicle. Still squeeking.

My daughter, as passenger, says it sound like the tailgate or rear window. How do I find the squeek and fix it?

Reply to
Jim

This is typical on the pre '95 blazers, it is where the rear window goes into the tailgate when it latches. I used to put a little grease on it and the squeaking would stop, the only problem is watch out for the top of your head when you get in the back.

Reply to
The Adams Family

Reply to
Merlin

yeah, this is a common problem on blazers or jimmys with the window that opens upward, even the older ones did this, if you replace the entire hinge assembly that usually fixes the problem. But yeah greese it up good and that should take care of it.

Reply to
Adam

Rear glass latch. They wear and allow the latch striker to squeak when it moves. Easy fix that lasts, open glass. Spray upper hinges with a good lube, then spray the latch with some to keep it moving free. Now go and buy some brush on coating, sold as brush on electrical tape or handle coating. Get a small can of it. Coat the striker (chrome metal loop on glass) with a couple light coats. Let it harden up and enjoy a squeak free drive.

Reply to
Steve W.

I've tried that before, either that or black tape, it just dont work for long couple times of opening it, it wears off.

Reply to
Adam