SS Silverado

Stopped at a Dorr Buick/ Pontiac/ Chevy in Sandusky, Ohioto see what Park Avenues he had outside - only one.

They had a black SS Silverado pick up truck outside. Starting price was $39,000 this one topped out at about $46,000

Had nice, plain looking aluminum wheels, SS letters on the door & tailgate. Basically looked like a regular Silverado.

It comes with the 6000 V8 and the window sticker actually had the MPG estimate of 13 City / 17 Hwy listed.

Never seen the MPG listed on a 6000 V8 truck before.

Reply to
Harry Face

Probably been to scared too put an actual MPG list on it. ;-)

Reply to
Dan--

My M936A1 5-ton wrecker in the Marines got gallons to the mile....

855 cid straight six. Vroooom!!! lol, GW

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

They need to take it a little further in my opinion with a revised interior. Either colored seats to match the exterior like the BMW M5 or suede like the Ford Lightning. And why doesnt it have a supercharger?

-Adam

Reply to
mc

Glad I was sitting down when I saw those prices!

Reply to
Dennis Smith

GW I always had a hunch you was a Maroon......

LOL

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,400 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

That truck is a piece... the exterior plastic air dams and front grate make it look cheesy, along with the plain grey aluminum 20's, whoopie it has another big motor that gets gallons to the mile, why not design something intelligently fast?

Reply to
Paradox

Because theres NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT! :-)

Actually, the SS needs a BIGGER engine! It should have the Vortec 8100 502 cu in engine instead of the Vortec 6000. 6 liters isn't big enough!

Reply to
Dennis Smith

PDX,

300 HP & 360 Torque not fast enough for you?

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,400 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

'Face, I think the SS has 345HP.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Comon, Dodge has that R/T 10 Dodge ram that has the Viper motor in it and gets like 500 HP, they need to either throw a factory supercharger on the SS motor, or do some more aggressive ECU programming like you can do with a power programmer and just make people run 92 octaine in it.

Reply to
Paradox

What the F*CK are you smoking????????????????????????????

R/T 10 Dodge Ram had the basic cast iron V10 engine. There was a protype made with the Viper engine but all that made it to the public was the blue paint and stripes.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

No, I believe he's right. It is the Viper Engine, and it's going to be made. Go here for the site :

Phillip Schmid

BTW...In the newest Motor Trend they have a review of the Ford Lightning, Chevy Silverado SS, and the Dodge SRT 10.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid