Staled after hitting pothole

Hi All
While driving my '02 Malibu down the road there was some new construction where they dug up the street and partly filled it in. Going over that caused
a big bang to my front end and the engine stalled ( This never happend before ). I immediately shifter to Neutral and restarted it without any problem. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a problem with my car that I dont know about? what caused the engine to stall after such a bang ( sensor)?
Have the computer interrogated for temporary codes.

Go to AutoZone and have them read the codes for you for free to find out the first clue. Then go from there. Tomes