Starts and stops in about 2sec

97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Eng is 3800
Car will start and run for about 2sec then quite I have replaced the fuel pump and relays Not sure what the problem is can anyone help?
This car has a theft deterrent system
Factory theft deterrent chip key?, if so normally this prevents any start.

-
I had the same prob with a GM. I dont remember the exact procedure, but involved resetting the theft deterent system by unlocking the passenger side door with the key ( from the outside) then moving to the driver's side and unlocking it then starting it up. I really dont recall the exact procedure, but I remember it started with unlocking the passenger door first. Also there might have been an alarm involved that I couldnt shut off except by pulling the battery cable. Even by doing this, it didnt reset the theft system. Jim
Thanks Jim

my memory says that is the results of a faulted theft deter syst in those yrs....memory also brings back the reset proc........turn ign to run, leave key on run 10 mins until theft lite blinks......rotate key off then back to run for 10 mins until theft lite blinks......rotate key off then back to run for 10 mins until theft lite blinks. rotate key off then attempt start....yep 30 mins. total....this is all from memory as said..all manuals are at shop..............kjun