Steering Squeaks

I'm trying to diagnose a squeak which has suddenly come up on my 2000 olds alero. When I turn slightly left there is a medium pitched squeak/whine
coming from the front drivers side of my vehicle. The less severe the turn, the louder the squeak. I most obviously can hear it on minor within a lane adjustments. I have not noticed the noise above 45 mph, though wind noise may be too much at such speeds. My vehicle has ~86k miles on it.
The only other notable difference in the last week is that temperatures where I live have finally cracked 80 deg F consistently, however I first noticed the problem on a much cooler night.
Any suggestions as to what item(s) I might check and how to troubleshoot?
Thanks,
Dave
Dave wrote:

Does it sqeek when the car is sitting still and you turn the wheel?
Probably low on power steering fluid.

not sure if aleros have the same history, but you might check the wheel bearings - malibus are known for those...