Steering Squeaks

I'm trying to diagnose a squeak which has suddenly come up on my 2000 olds alero. When I turn slightly left there is a medium pitched squeak/whine coming from the front drivers side of my vehicle. The less severe the turn, the louder the squeak. I most obviously can hear it on minor within a lane adjustments. I have not noticed the noise above 45 mph, though wind noise may be too much at such speeds. My vehicle has ~86k miles on it.

The only other notable difference in the last week is that temperatures where I live have finally cracked 80 deg F consistently, however I first noticed the problem on a much cooler night.

Any suggestions as to what item(s) I might check and how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Does it sqeek when the car is sitting still and you turn the wheel?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Probably low on power steering fluid.

Reply to
Paradox

not sure if aleros have the same history, but you might check the wheel bearings - malibus are known for those...

Reply to
bass-player