Steering wheel control lights

I have a 2001 LeSabre with the radio and heat controls in the steering wheel. Two switches on each side. All four lights have finally burned out.
Before I damage something, how are the rockers removed? Are they simply pried off? Can I assume there is a tiny bulb that must be replaced?
My instinct is to just pop it off with a small screwdriver, but I thought it would be wise to check before I hear the snap of the plastic retainer. Thanks, Ed