Steering wheel vibration

Hi I have a 2000 Cavalier 2.2ltr Automatic. The problem is that when I turn the car left or right, I can hear and feel the steering wheel vibrate.Happens
while turning the wheel in the driveway or when driving around town. At idle there is no noise or vibration. I don't really know when this condition started because I usually have the A/C or the heater on.The vibration on the wheel has just happened recently though. Approximately one year ago I had checked the Power steering fluid and it was quite low.It smelt a little funny and looked a bit discolored.Topped it up at that time and searched for leaks and found none and there was no oil underneath the car at all. Where the oil went, is a mystery according to the dealer. Just wondering if the tensioner pulley is causing the vibration and noise.The belt is fairly new and looks good.Or could it possibly be the rack? The pump does not make any abnormal noise.And it still steers real easy--no binding or stopping. There is bubbles in the pump reservoir also. Which I think is a possible fluid leak. So far no oil is present anywhere. I will drain the fluid and bleed accordingly.
Any possible things to check out would be appreciated.
Thanks Mike
Mike wrote:

Take a look at the bellows on both sides of the rack. Often fluid will leak into the bellows, but won't get so far as to leak on the ground. Usually, you will see that the bellows look damp/wet or may appear to be sweating.
Ian
Thanks shiden_kai, I had squeezed the boots on both sides yesterday and oil was seeping out the ends. Dose this mean it needs a new rack?
Mike

Mike wrote:

Yes, not much you can do with a rack and pinion unit other then replace it.
Ian
O.K Thanks again Ian. I know you work on Chev daily and your advice is top notch.
Mike

Rack and Pinion is bad