stick slip problem

Has there ever been a final fix for the stick-slip clunking noise in the intermediate steering shaft in some GM models. I have a 2001 Bonneville that I installed the lube kit from GM, lasted about 12 months, now it's
worse. A friend has an Impala 2003, same thing, lube kit lasts about a year. Another friend has a '03 1500 pickup, does the same thing. Techs at the local dealership says even a new intermediate shaft only lasts a couple of years till it does the same thing.
This sucks, GM should fix this problem once and for all.

Why? You keep buying the shit.
wrote in message news:RP6Ff.26970

Gee, that information was useful!
I agree. The latest fix? is use lube kit P/N 26098419. We will see if it works.
What does this lube kit have that the last two I put in didn't? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but those intermediate shafts are a bitch to get out and in.