Strange Problem With Buick Steering

I have a strange problem with an 89 Buick Park Ave. ( front wheel drive). The steering will track to the right or left generally when you are going on a curve....but somtimes it will track left or right
while you are going straight and stay there and then track back to normal. I have never seen this in a car before and I am puzzled. Can anyone shed any light on this problem? and how do you fix it?
Thanks in Advance.....
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Sounds like it is worn out. It would be best to take it to a decent garage and have them look at it. If it is original and high milage, then it may need all bushings, tie rods, ball joints, bearings, etc.
This is typical of bad ball joints and/or a tie rod end. Check the ball joints jacking up from the subframe and turn the wheel about 1/2 way then grab the lower part of the wheel and try to move it in and out.

If the suspension components are good, replace the rack, WBMA
mike hunt