strut mount bearings

I bought a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix with 96,000 miles. The struts have been changed (all four). The front end makes a noise when the wheels are turned, you can see the springs do not move where they contact the upper
mount. After the wheels are turned far enough the spring jumps/slips on the mount and the noise sounds as if someone hit the spring with a rubber hammer. I believe the bearing was placed between the spring and the mount upside down. This has the bearing bound up. Can anyone give me a picture or instructions on how to be sure which end is up on the bearing? Thanks, Terry