Stuck throttle on Blazer?

My sister-in-law has an '89 Chevy Blazer with auto tranny. Today she told me that the brakes aren't "catching" like they should (took longer than normal to
stop). Later this afternoon, her son said the Blazer seemed to not brake, but accelerated and he "jammed it in park to keep from hitting the house". I know that he may have messed up the tranny, but has anyone had any problems like this (brakes not catching or maybe something wrong with the throttle sticking)? Any and all help will be appreciated! Thanks, Mac

Ground that vehicle until someone with mechanical expertise checks it out.This is scary knowing people like you drive. Accidents waiting to happen.
Rey
I would like to thank Charles for giving me good advice, but also to tell Rey that he needs to READ the text. I wouldn't own a Chevy anyway and could he clarify how to "ground that vehicle"?
Mac

Worn brakes, high idle, 3.73 final drive ratio with the transfer case in 4 low will do that every time.
If braking is that much of an issue, have it towed to a shop and fixed.
As for throttles sticking, It can happen to any car for any reason. Happens in my 84 Chevy Truck because the throttle shaft in the carburetor is binding. When it becomes an issue, I turn the key to "OFF" with the truck in gear. When I swap engines in the near future a new carburetor is going in at that time. Charles