Suburban 2000 -Clunking in steering

When turning or going over mild bumps esp at lower speeds there is a noticible clunk and vibration felt thru the steering column. My local mechanic says nothing wrong just the way the coupling is made in the steering coupling. Do I need to be concerned?

Reply to
Don T.

Could be the intermediate shaft... I know on the newer ones, there are about 85,000 on backorder.

Reply to
John Reece

Intermediate shaft, can be greased but needs to be replaced, reports say that GM has over 85,000 on backorder.

Reply to
noname