Suicide prevention group wants GM ad pulled

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17050378/from/RS.2 /
Cute commercial except for the suicide bit though.

I just watched this commercial, and I have to say. I have the utmost respect for people suffering from depression, and there families. I know people who suffer from it, and I have known people who have committed suicide from it as well. It is a *very* difficult disease, and one that can't be cured overnight. However, this is a commercial, and it's a robot. What a world we live in where people will watch the SuperBowl, where there are 300 pound guys beating the crap out of each other, and that's ok. But, if a robot jumps off a bridge, its a big deal.

It was an imaginative one for sure but cute? The machine 'thinking' it should kill itself could/should have been left out. Lots of guys lost their livelihood due to being replaced by a robot. I wonder how those affected handled that?
It is a disturbing commercial on a number of levels. While watching it during the game I thought it was interesting animation, right up to the point where the machine jumped off the bridge. That desperate act being glorified by a tv ad was extremely insensitive. I wonder what point GM is attempting to instill in the minds of its workers?
The suicide act was in poor taste and I'm surprised/not surprised the GM ad people let it go......but WDIK!?
Dave S(Texas)

GM has been trying to get rid of costs and cutting older workers.

GM is owned by stockholders / human labor gets to costly + human labor gets to unreliable + human labor skills dont match up to their egos = build robots = GREAT IDEA!.......right or wrong its simple math.