Sun Visor keep creeping down

Since I was already discussing the headliner, I may as well bring up my sun visor problem. To get right to the point, I have to push it back up against the ceiling about every 2 to 3 minutes. It's very annoying. It just creeps down as I drive, and the rougher the road, the faster it creeps down. I did remove the screw and pull it off the shaft. It looks like that screw is in a groove on the shaft, and I suspect that groove is just plain worn. I tightened the screw as much as I can, but that did not fix it. Aside from replacement, does anyone have a simple solution? I am considering putting electrical tape or duct tape on the shaft then replacing the visor and tightening the screw. I dont think that will last real long, but if it stops the annoyance for a few months, it's worth it and can be redone in a minute. But maybe someone has a more permanent solution.

LM

Reply to
letterman