Sunfire vs Cavalier - reliable transporation ??

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 00:27:44 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Brian Bower) wrote:

for either the cavalier or sunfire. With a little luck, and a close inspection, I'm pretty confident about picking up a reliable one.
Thanks again !!
Peter
Hey people---Lighten UP----I worked for GM--USA---I was paid $3,75 per hr when I "started" there---YOU people are "complaining" about $16 bucks per hour ???!!!!
Oh--I started in 1968---Was "laid--off" in 1973--OIL emabargo--WAS NEVER "called" back till 4 yrs later--HOW do YOU think I "survived" //felt about GM//UAW finally "calling--me" "back" ??? Sure would like to hear from you all---
On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:25:57 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Don TENN) wrote:

So what DO you think about the reliability of Cavalier versus Sunfire vs Saturn ???
I would like to have peace of mind while my daughter is driving around instead of spending weekends with my shoes under the car.

For what it's worth Peter, my oldest daughter owned a Sunfire for 5 years and has now sold it to her younger daughter. Like you, I keep all of the cars running in the family, so reliability is important to me. As well, the oldest daughter is 2 1/2 hours away and the one who bought the Sunfire from her is soon to move 4 1/2 hours away.
The Sunfire (a 2000) has proven to be very reliable. Basically the same car as a Cavalier. Either one should make a good reliable car.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Thanks Mike.... I've looked at a few of them. They seem to be nice cars at a reasonable price. And I'm glad to hear they're reliable.... it's nice to do planned maintenance, instead of emergency road calls.
Thanks for your advice !!!
Peter

You bet Pete. BTW, I should have stated that the Sunfire has ~110,000 miles on it at this point.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Thanks to every one who responded...including those going off on a tangent....
When it comes to repairing or maintaining vehicles, I prefer those which are easy to work on..... Life already has enough difficult problems without adding a car to the mix.
The Cavaliers and Sunfires sound good.... I like the styling and as everyone has mentioned....they are reliable. Also going to look at a few Saturns thanks to the suggestions and recommendations that were given.
Again...thanking you all for your help, suggestions, and recommendations !!!
Peter