Suspension Tools

Getting ready to do some suspension work on my '95 Monte Carlo. Springs, shocks, bushings, etc. Already going to make my own strut spring compressor, but I'm wondering about the GM10 strut cartridge removal tool. Wondering about how I'm going to make my own. Has anyone every seen a home made one? Anyone have any suggestions? The best I can think of is borrow one measure it, make it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

If you can "borrow" it, why not just use it while you have it and be done with it?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I could, but I want to own one.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Is that the special wrench to hold the upper strut nut while you loosen the rod? If it is, I made one without too much trouble. Cut down a deep 1/2" drive socket and welded it to a steel bar that I'd bored a hole in. Wasn't too hard to make, and did the job, but wasn't too purty.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
gfulton

Close but no cigar. It's the tool used to remove the strut cartridge from the strut housing.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Springs,

Wondering

You might try a web search for the Lisle 62750 GM10 Strut Tool. They're all over the place for various prices.

Reply to
*