swapping the auto down switch

hi,
i am just a tourist here but hope you will help me out. i have a 04 lasabre which has 2 auto down window switches. i wonder if i could put the auto down switches in to my 97 pontiac
bonneville and have them work.
what do you think?
tia, peter in ct

Will they even fit in there? If it looks like they will fit, then take both doors apart and see if the switches use the same connector.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net

good idea. the switches are different. however, it looks like getting another 97 switch and extracting the driver's auto down and putting it in the passenger side might work...let you know if i find one at the bone yard .
thanks, peter

I first had that feature in an 89 Regal. IIRC, there was nothing unusual about the window switch, but there was a printed circuit board inside the door that provided the autodown function.
If your LeSabre is the same way, there should be no problem to transplant the circuit board to a different car, like your Pony. ( My board failed a couple of times, and they were not cheap to replace.)
If the feature is integral to the switches now, and if the switches will interchange, it should be a fairly easy swap.
You might look in the aftermarket to see if a kit exists to do this for your car.

I did a little Googling, and found several kits that will do this, in the range of $50-75.
peter wrote:

You're going in the opposite direction to me. I just bought an '05 LeSabre (35k miles) to replace my '97 LeSabre (130k miles).

the 97 is a toy so i get to keep'um both. i think the 06 scion will be going in the paper soon