Synptoms of IAC problems

What are the typical symptoms of idle air control motor malfunctioning? My '88 2.8 mfi takes awhile to start most of the time, but displays no codes regarding the iac.
Plugs, wires, heads and injectors have been replaced recently so I don't expect the problem to be anything related to those components. TIA