synthetic oil

Good question, synthetic oils laugh at the heat that turns oil into carbon. I'd recommend synthetic for turbo applications. If you change oil filter, and top off crankcase every couple months, the oil will last indefinitely. I rotate cars, and change out at storage time. This way, the car has fresh oil during storage. I would change conventional oil after prolonged storage, as it oxidizes, and gums up quick, synthetic oil stays good, even after prolonged storage.

Reply to
451CTDS

miles).

Hi there I had a similar oil "Sweat" experience on one of my cars, I bought a brand new OPEL Corsa B 1.6 MPFI branded as Chevy in Mex, after 2,000 km I decided to make a first oil change after the break in, so I put Mobil 1 10 -30 in the new lil kid, after 150km a week or so, I noticed the whole engine "Sweating" oil, that is leaking in very small quantities, not making a drop. Mobil?s website states that syn oil is compatable with every kind of gasket and if leaking occurs must be a bad sealing one, so, since the car was under warranty i took it with the dealer, told them the kind of oil I was using, they made a camshaft cover gasket repair and said that it should do. The sweating continued. After 6000 km I changed for Mobil Standard Multigrade oil, and guess what? Sweating stopped.

I cleaned the engine and now it looks normal again... So I had to stick with the normal dino oil...at least on this car, Same story happened with a 2000 Cavalier I had, but after 80,000km, I thought it was because the mileage. Both are cars made by GM, I had used Syn on 2 Ford Topaz i owned previously without any problem at all. will try Syn on the new Voyager minivan.

Reply to
JMendez
451CTDS wrote in news:43270DF2.8080800@ 451ctds.cnc.net:

It all still gets full of dirt, from combustion, and you need to get the dirt out of the motor...

Reply to
Ript