Tach wire?

Ok. I'm trying to hook up a tach to my 1992 cavalier. I have all the wires hooked up, except the on that actually gives me a tach reading. what is the easiest place to get a tach reading from without having to get under the car?

Reply to
Iamsuperman1990

Check your mail, for 4-cylinder, since you did not specify. HTH, s.

Reply to
sdlomi2

Can you tell me were that pink/black wire runs to? there is a pnk/blk wire ran to a box ( there are three boxes total) thats the only place I've seen one except for at the coil. thanks for the help man

Reply to
Iamsuperman1990

Pink/Black goes to injectors #2 and @3. But, you do NOT hook tach feed wire to it. Tach feed(input signal) goes to the white wire--look for a light blue 24-pin AB connector under hood & connect tach feed wire to A6, a white wire. All this compliments of Mitchell info. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Find the ignition module under the hood. It has 2 coils with 4 plug wires exiting and going to plugs. Should have 7 wires exiting other side. One, the white wire is tach feed--may be dangling loose with a connector attached (was made ready for 'factory' to connect the tach in the dash, if there was one--since there was no tach instl'd at factory, assembler just leaves it dangling--else it dangles under/behind instrument cluster). At any rate, should the white wire have no connector, just splice into it. Luck to you. s

Reply to
sdlomi2