Tach wire?

Ok. I'm trying to hook up a tach to my 1992 cavalier. I have all the wires hooked up, except the on that actually gives me a tach reading. what is the easiest place to get a tach reading from without having to
get under the car?

Check your mail, for 4-cylinder, since you did not specify. HTH, s.

Can you tell me were that pink/black wire runs to? there is a pnk/blk wire ran to a box ( there are three boxes total) thats the only place I've seen one except for at the coil. thanks for the help man
But, you do NOT hook tach feed wire to it. Tach feed(input signal) goes to the white wire--look for a light blue 24-pin AB connector under hood & connect tach feed wire to A6, a white wire. All this compliments of Mitchell info. HTH, s

Find the ignition module under the hood. It has 2 coils with 4 plug wires exiting and going to plugs. Should have 7 wires exiting other side. One, the white wire is tach feed--may be dangling loose with a connector attached (was made ready for 'factory' to connect the tach in the dash, if there was one--since there was no tach instl'd at factory, assembler just leaves it dangling--else it dangles under/behind instrument cluster). At any rate, should the white wire have no connector, just splice into it. Luck to you. s