Tag Light Trouble

Hello All, I've got a 93 Chevy G20 van that won't keep a license light in tact for than a day. I have remade the connection from the lead wire to the light, changed bulbs(4 times), and ensured a good ground by using new bolts to the mount, but still they burn out. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

Reply to
jeff wald

You may try cleaning the bulb good, and then not touching it with your skin. Some bulbs are sensitive to oil from your skin that creates a hot spot and burns it out. Other than that is it the correct bulb? Does it have a lot of vibration in that area? You may also check there are some bulbs that you can get a heavy duty filament. Good luck!

Reply to
Doug Adams

If you've got 12v at the socket, and good grounds, then I'd be looking at the bulbs you're using. Are you sure you're using the right bulbs?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thanks for the info. The bulb is what is listed in the bulb guide at the parts store; a #62

Reply to
jeff wald

Is it on a back 'barn' door that slams a lot? s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Nope, no door to it. It's just a plate mount under the bumper .

Reply to
jeff wald