Taking Pictures of a Repair, Before and During

One of the great benefits of having a digital camera is in doing vehicle repairs that you haven't attempted before. Taking photos from two different angles before you start and then as you remove covers and parts goes a long way to helping put it all back together properly and in the right order.

Reply to
Erness Wild

Ditto for computer connections, TV Connections. I use my digital camera to take pictures of all connections so that I have them for reference in case I need them.

Reply to
PeppersMum

That's definitely a great tip.

I also do that for just about any car/motorcycle/computer etc repair that I do.

Make sure you save the pictures in an organized fashion. Then when you have to perform the maintenance procedure or repair again, you can refer back to the original pictures.

Cheers, Paul Michaels Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Paul Michaels

Would've really helped a friend, a car painter. Two of us(car-painters as well) went over one evening to inspect a Caddy he'd just done w/a new experimental paint that afternoon, still drying. After I bragged on his work, I asked him why he taped up the individual "El Dorado" letters on the lower front fenders--shucks, you could reach behind the fenders and remove each letter with a simple push-pull clip. My other buddy laughed and said, "He'd never get 'em all back on in the right order!" (Actual occurrence!!!) s

Reply to
sdlomi2