Tapping sound

Hi listers
My '00 Venture (52K miles) got a rapid tapping sound today. After an hour driving in traffic jam, I stopped in a mall. When I started again, there was a loud "tac tac tac" that became faster as
the engine speed increase. I stopped the engine and started again. Still the same problem. After driving 5 miles the sounds went off, but came back after a traffic light stop. Oil & coolant level OK, no light in the instrument cluster Before bring it to the mechanic any advices are welcome
(It seems to be a valve lifter isn't it ?)
Christophe SALVAING
Web site : http://christophe.salvaing.free.fr Family, Cars (Ford Aerostar LPG, Chevy Suburban LPG, AMC Pacer, Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, Pontiac Montana), Kitesurfing ...
Have you been loosing coolant? Any signs of coolant in oil? That engine suffers from lower intake manifold gasket leaks. Have it checked out soon....
"Christophe Salvaing"

I'm aware of the lower intake manifold gasket leaks. And yes since 2 month the level coolant is slowly decreasing. But no sign of coolant in oil (foam ...etc etc ...)

as
How long since the last oil change?
"Christophe Salvaing"

Oil 5W30 changed every 3000 miles

as
"Christophe Salvaing"

A faulty oil filter can cause this. Check the oil for fuel contamination, if ok then change the filter with a known good brand in your area. H