TATA NANO

Not exactly a flashy name.
Reminds me a bit of the old Citroen 2CV Simple, afffordable, functional, 50 mpg. If they can include reliability, they may have a winner.
I've often said that most local driving ( in the SunBelt ) could be done with a golf cart.
I looked at the Chevy AVEO with the idea of getting a "town car". $13grand+$ to drive it home. If this was GMs idea of an inexpensive car, they priced it to fail !
<rj>
<RJ> wrote:

I makes me cry when I think of the first car I actually owned-a VW Beetle that my new wife and I bought-for $1875.00 drive off in 1970. We'll never see those days again! Does Nano = Yugo?
--
Civis Romanus Sum

I think it will be like the Yugo or worse! Could you imagine even getting in the slightest fender bender with one of those? Even a bicycle running into it would probably total it.

For that money one gets much more of an USED car...

for that money you can not repair a used car

Maybe you can't...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Yeah, those used cars from India bring big bucks here in the US

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/editorials/welcome-to-the-future-tata-motors-disposable-1-lakh-car /