temperature gauge

Hi, I just bought a 2001 Impala base sedan with 22,500 miles on it. I have been driving it for 2 weeks and the temp gauge (needle type) has stopped working. I know nothing of cars, other than how to change the oil. I think I could probably change a fuse if that's the problem. Any other ideas? Thanks, rob harrison

Reply to
Robert Harrison

Coolant Temperature Sensor. Either the sensor itself is failed, or the wiring running to it is broken or intermittent.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Reply to
Dave Shepherd

Which engine?

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

"Robert Harrison" wrote

It's under warranty, right? Take it to the dealer and get it checked out. It's possible you may need a new instrument cluster.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai
3400

Reply to
Robert Harrison

I have a Nov 5th appt. at the dealer. Whether or not it is still under warranty, I have to find out. The car is a 2001, so the 3 years may be up, depending on the original sale date. thanks for everyones' help. rob harrison

Reply to
Robert Harrison

I was thinking of something different. Sorry.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Reply to
Bobo

Thanks to everyone who answered my post. Thermostat. The engine was running at 120*, thus, the gauge wasn't moving. That is what the dealer says. Thanks again, rob harrison

Reply to
Robert Harrison