Terminator won!

Well, yeah. Oh course he won, you didn't think anyone but Schwarzenegger would have become CA governor did you ?
Another Reagan?
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~269,000 miles_~_~_
I don't know.

impossible....he was not born on US soil.
Must be born on on US soil to be Pres...

No exactly true. One must be a native born citizen, but that does not mean born within the US. One could be born in another country of parents who are US citizens.
mike hunt
Eightupman wrote:

Doesn't work that way in many countries. In the US Native Born does mean Born on US Soil. That is why so many illegals run here. If they have a baby while in the US the Baby is a citizen even though they are not. Unless the baby is born in a foreign embassy, then it is a child of that country. Strange but true.
I found this out due to a cousin who was in Spain when her baby arrived three weeks early. They showed me the paperwork they had to do to more or less adopt their own baby back. I figured they were FOS but it was true. Saw the birth certificate as well that listed Marie as a Spanish citizen.
--
Steve

< snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com> wrote in message
Better research that a bit more. My one son spent 20 years in the military, ALL four of his children were born in foreign countries and are US citizens by birth. One of my friends was the US Governor of the Canal Zone in Panama when his wife, who is not an American citizen gave birth to a child in a hospital in Brazil while on vacation. His child is an American citizen by birth, as well Even though one may hold duel citizenship in the country of their birth they are still Americans by birth even if the birth was not on American soil. On who is a naturalized citizen, like the Governor Elect of California, can not serve as President
mike hunt
"Steve W." wrote:

Nothing was ever mentioned about Arnold running for President.
Apparently "Eightupman" is lucky to have any knowledge of the Declaration of Independence; Articles of Confederation; Bill of Rights; and Constitution.

The comment was made "Another Reagan?" To which I made my response. Three rules to qualify to run for the Presidency "No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States." The Constitution of the United States Article II, Section I http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.articleii.html#section1
Unless Arnold was around when the Constitution was adpoted, or is for some strange reason a natural born citizen, he does not qualify to be President of the US. In case anyone cares or is wondering about our history...

of
My comment " Another Regan " was ment to mean another Actor, turned Governor ( Arnold Swartzeneggar ).
Wasn't Regan Governor of California at one time?
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~269,000 miles_~_~_
Yes, Actor Ronald Reagan was Acting Governor of California once upon a time.

OH...I get ya now....I thought you were referring to actor gone president. Jessie "the body" Ventura also went "actor" to governor....in Minnesota (or was it Missouri?)