Testing an an auto tech quiz program, wanna help? Might be fun.

Page 1 of 2
Hi Gang.
I have a new Javascript quiz engine for a new auto tech quiz series the company I work for is developing.
Would you like to try it out and let me know if there are any PROGRAMMING bugs?
There are 3 short, simple quizzes with real-time answers: general, performance, guru.
Maybe you'll have fun taking them too.
Here's the loooong link. http://www.mwwcorp.com/cgi-bin/getpage/getpage.cgi?link=home.new.rr.com/doctormscartech/quizzes/startup/funautoquizzes.html&page=drmgrpgm
Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend. :)
Mario
Mario wrote:

http://www.mwwcorp.com/cgi-bin/getpage/getpage.cgi?link=home.new.rr.com/doctormscartech/quizzes/startup/funautoquizzes.html&page=drmgrpgm
I don't do Java. I don't take chances on encountering malicious j script.
Paul,
Javascript is pretty safe. The majority of Web pages use it.
It's VB script in I.E. on a Windows machine that has potential security holes.
But, thanks for responding anyway.
Mario
Paul wrote:

--
Be more than an "everyday" programmer.
http://www.mwwcorp.com

PROGRAMMING bugs?

performance, guru.

ctormscartech/quizzes/startup/funautoquizzes.html&page=drmgrpgm
script.
http://www.mwwcorp.com/cgi-bin/getpage/getpage.cgi?link=www.mwwcorp.com/tutorials/studyskills/reg_studyskills.shtml&page=tutude
RK,
Although my main concern is that the actual program runs without crashing, please tell me which questions you have to give a wrong answer to. Either the script is crazy or am.
Thanks for the help.
Mario
P.S. Actually, I am the programmer of the quiz. The content is for testing purposes. But, I'd love put in my two cents on suspension geometry anyway.
P.P.S. I did work on the suspension design for a "baja" racer back in school a while back.
Refinish King wrote:

I'd have to go back and look?
But I think it was the pulling?
I'm not sure, again. I'll have to go look.
Is there a way I can get in touch with you?
Refinish King

Works fine in Mozilla 1.7 on Mac OS10.3.4 . As for the HTML, you seem to know that <p style=".... is the right thing to do, but in some places you used the deprecated <font> TAG instead. Just my two cents. GW
Mario wrote:

http://www.mwwcorp.com/cgi-bin/getpage/getpage.cgi?link=home.new.rr.com/doctormscartech/quizzes/startup/funautoquizzes.html&page=drmgrpgm

Geoff,
Much obliged. I don't have a Mac here for testing. That helps a lot! :)
The <font> tag won't be in the final version.
I'm just glad to hear that it is working.
Thanks again.
Mario
Geoff Welsh wrote:

--
Be more than an "everyday" programmer.
http://www.mwwcorp.com

bugs?
performance, guru.

http://www.mwwcorp.com/cgi-bin/getpage/getpage.cgi?link=home.new.rr.com/doctormscartech/quizzes/startup/funautoquizzes.html&page=drmgrpgm
Your qquiz's are for arm chair parts changers. I found 4 answers so wrong the person who wrote the quyiz aught to eat a shot gun. If idiots want to post this sort of shit on line, they aught to hang thenm selfs.
Ohh yea, I know 20 Experts who will agree with me. Charles
I have to say, the one question, "Lowering a car's suspension will give it more negative camber" is correct, not the opposite.
-- David Algie Algie Composite Aircraft http://members.iquest.net/~aca /

PROGRAMMING
http://www.mwwcorp.com/cgi-bin/getpage/getpage.cgi?link=home.new.rr.com/doct ormscartech/quizzes/startup/funautoquizzes.html&page=drmgrpgm
idiots
Agreed!
I didn't get a chance to go back yet,
I will and let you know.
Thank you for your attention.
Refinish King

http://www.mwwcorp.com/cgi-bin/getpage/getpage.cgi?link=home.new.rr.com/doct
selfs.
PS Please let me know a way to get in touch with you off board?
I can add a few things to your test, and if not, atleast tell you if the questions are submitting to the proper response.
Thank you,
Refinish King

http://www.mwwcorp.com/cgi-bin/getpage/getpage.cgi?link=home.new.rr.com/doct
selfs.
That's what I thought, too. GW
David Algie wrote:

No problem RK. I hope there is no serious problem for Charles, but... Even if there is it's no excuse, and I hope he backs off some this crap.
If there is a serious problem, and anyone here can help with advice or anything, I wish he would ask.
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:48:51 -0400, "Refinish King"

damage
seeing
If I cared weather I was popular or not, I might. Being popular because you kiss ass is never anything to be proud of. Being respected because you know what your talking about is. I really do not care what people think of me. Never have, never will.

Have him prosecuted? Hows that. for something like that, if the police catch you holding the SOB you get charged. Not to mention average response time for non-life treating calls is over 2 hours. Punks around here know that. They don't have any money, most of them never will. They vandalize and destroy pretty much un-stopped. The only thing they understand is a good ass beating.
Right after I moved in here, I saw the front tire get knifed on my truck. Called the police, a neighbor of mine knew who it was. Told that to the police on the phone. They never even showed up in person. The kid that did it didn't even know me. When I finally got my hands on him, and pounded on him, he admitted he didn't even know who's truck it was. He knifed the tire because it had a flashing security light, and he wanted time to get someone to help him steel it.
Now considering that info, and the fact this is the stolen car capital of the state, not to mention maybe 10% are recovered... What would you do? It's pretty much known around this neighbor hood people get beat up for messing with cars on this street. Vandalism has dropped over 70%. Yet 3 blooks over it has drastically picked up. Which is why when I get the capital up for my next house I am going to move out of here. Charles
On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:54:40 GMT, "Charles Bendig"

That's not where the real problem is. The problem is in what you think of you. Good people are concerned about how they treat others; not because they are worried about what others think of them, but because of how they see themselves. I can see from your attitude so far that this just isn't part of your make-up.

Are you exaggerating on the response time? Also, do you not have citizen arrest capability in Ohio? Criminal damage to property (damage resulting from deliberate vandalism is considered criminal damage to property) is a arrestable offense. If you actually witness the perp in the act, you have the authority to effect a citizen's arrest. At least if Ohio is like Wisconsin. Somehow I think that the police response time would be improved if they knew you were holding someone under arrest. You speak of worry about holding someone but you need not worry if you do it right. Anyway, funny how you profess worry about holding someone but none at all about committing retaliatory battery. You sure are a logical fellow.

Sure is easier to steal a vehicle with some flat tires. Yep. Geeeze, this just gets better and better. What were they going to do, come back with jacks, tools and a inflated tire mounted on a wheel that fits, change the flat all so they could 'quickly' steal the truck? Or aren't thieves in Dayton concerned with effecting a quick theft like most auto thieves are?

None of these criminals is affiliated with a gang? If I were you, I would worry that you might be targeted for some payback for the "poundings" you did. It's best to let the police handle it, or just let it go and try to implement improved security measures.

been
It
few
arm.
the
that
for.
dealing
If people are worried about something a stranger on-line has to say about them, then their self esteem is way too low.

my
day.
was
They
Not really. When the new mayor took over 2 years ago police funds were cut. This district lost 3 first watch officers, 5 second watch officers, and 6 third watch officers. It is the lowest staffed district there is, and one of the wides spread. Yet not the highest population wise. The police here are so busy with high priority crimes, they can not deal with lessior ones. Not their fault, local governments fault.

You can, you can also get sued for it, and if found guilty taken to criminal court. In Ohio a criminal has more rights then any one else.

Because If I thump on the offenders, they will not dare call the police. If they do, what are they going to say? During a commission of a crime, this old biker beat the tar out of me? My neighbors won't call the police on me for doing that. I know a few of them that wish they could do it them self's.

my
that
kid
was.
Actually it's a trend around here. If they can't steal it, flatten 1 or 2 tires. Come back with a spare. Steel it and drive a mile then change the tire. I have been told that police officers that work this beat. I have had a car stolen from this neighborhood before. It was sitting on a used car dealer's lot for sale. Lucky for me it was found a week later with a broken window, on a knifed tire, with both bumpers smashed up. I had only bought it a week before it was stolen, and only drove it twice. I had to put $400 in parts in it, at my discount. Plus spend $100 on paint to make it look good from 10 feet. $100 buck 86 Cavalier Z-24. By the end I had $600 in it, sold it for $850 just to recouped my money.

would
beat
70%.
get
The local gangs are nothing to worry about. They are not like big city gangs, or mofia's. They are just a bunch of punks, who if shown who's boss quake in their boots.
Around here if your know as someone who stands up for your self, and is not afraid to fight back, they leave you alone. Plenty of other targets who will not. Like my one drinking buddy. He's in his 60's. A few months ago he was walking over here to see if I wanted to go to one of the neighborhood bars with him. Two little punks jumped him, beat him up, and took his wallet. A man in his 60's , walking with a cane, who only has one lung due to cancer. To them a prime target because with two of them, he probably couldn't fight back.
That's how bad this area is anymore. It didn't used to be this bad 7 going on 8 years back when my friend bought her house around the corner from me. Charles
Charles Bendig wrote:

You know...you are getting way off topic on this one. Come on, just admit you misread a post that Sarge was firing off at me and you put your foot in it. We've all done it on here at one time or another. Best thing to do is just say, "I made a mistake". Everyone will understand and forget about it. We "all" make mistakes. It's just the nature of the beast.
Ian

It's hard to admit I mis-read something I can't even recall. I don't honestly recall the post. If I went to deja news and tried to look, I would have to look thru over 300 posts. So unless someone gives me a date of offense and a title of post(s). I won't even know what I said.
Could I have mis-read something? Well Yea, whom doesn't. Could I have fired from the hip? maybe. Charles
It functioned fine. Although in question 2 about removing the temp sensor to release trapped air would depend on the engine type. Theory questions are a more accurate test of knowledge rather than possibly having a conflict because the engine type is not specified.

bugs?
performance, guru.