Testing an an auto tech quiz program, wanna help? Might be fun.

Hi Gang.

I have a new Javascript quiz engine for a new auto tech quiz series the company I work for is developing.

Would you like to try it out and let me know if there are any PROGRAMMING bugs?

There are 3 short, simple quizzes with real-time answers: general, performance, guru.

Maybe you'll have fun taking them too.

Here's the loooong link.

Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend. :)

Mario

Reply to
Mario

I don't do Java. I don't take chances on encountering malicious j script.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Works fine in Mozilla 1.7 on Mac OS10.3.4 . As for the HTML, you seem to know that

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Geoff,

Much obliged. I don't have a Mac here for testing. That helps a lot! :)

The tag won't be in the final version.

I'm just glad to hear that it is working.

Thanks again.

Mario

Geoff Welsh wrote:

Reply to
Mario

Paul,

Javascript is pretty safe. The majority of Web pages use it.

It's VB script in I.E. on a Windows machine that has potential security holes.

But, thanks for responding anyway.

Mario

« Paul » wrote:

Reply to
Mario

there are a few questions:

that you have to give a wrong answer, to get a correct score.

LOFL!

Refinish King

PS If you'd care to argue suspension geometry and theory, I'm open for it any time.

PROGRAMMING bugs?

Refinish King

RK,

Although my main concern is that the actual program runs without crashing, please tell me which questions you have to give a wrong answer to. Either the script is crazy or am.

Thanks for the help.

Mario

P.S. Actually, I am the programmer of the quiz. The content is for testing purposes. But, I'd love put in my two cents on suspension geometry anyway.

P.P.S. I did work > there are a few questions:

Reply to
Mario

Your qquiz's are for arm chair parts changers. I found 4 answers so wrong the person who wrote the quyiz aught to eat a shot gun. If idiots want to post this sort of shit on line, they aught to hang thenm selfs.

Ohh yea, I know 20 Experts who will agree with me. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I'd have to go back and look?

But I think it was the pulling?

I'm not sure, again. I'll have to go look.

Is there a way I can get in touch with you?

Refinish King

school a while back.

Reply to
Refinish King

I have to say, the one question, "Lowering a car's suspension will give it more negative camber" is correct, not the opposite.

PROGRAMMING

David Algie

Agreed!

I didn't get a chance to go back yet,

I will and let you know.

Thank you for your attention.

Refinish King

ormscartech/quizzes/startup/funautoquizzes.html&page=drmgrpgm> > >

Reply to
Refinish King

PS Please let me know a way to get in touch with you off board?

I can add a few things to your test, and if not, atleast tell you if the questions are submitting to the proper response.

Thank you,

Refinish King

ormscartech/quizzes/startup/funautoquizzes.html&page=drmgrpgm> > >

Reply to
Refinish King

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

You're right, we changed that question to:

"Would unscrewing the cooling system bleed screw (or valve) remove the air from the cylinder head?"

Thanks for your help!

Mario

R wrote:

Mario

No problem RK. I hope there is no serious problem for Charles, but... Even if there is it's no excuse, and I hope he backs off some this crap.

If there is a serious problem, and anyone here can help with advice or anything, I wish he would ask.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

If I cared weather I was popular or not, I might. Being popular because you kiss ass is never anything to be proud of. Being respected because you know what your talking about is. I really do not care what people think of me. Never have, never will.

Have him prosecuted? Hows that. for something like that, if the police catch you holding the SOB you get charged. Not to mention average response time for non-life treating calls is over 2 hours. Punks around here know that. They don't have any money, most of them never will. They vandalize and destroy pretty much un-stopped. The only thing they understand is a good ass beating.

Right after I moved in here, I saw the front tire get knifed on my truck. Called the police, a neighbor of mine knew who it was. Told that to the police on the phone. They never even showed up in person. The kid that did it didn't even know me. When I finally got my hands on him, and pounded on him, he admitted he didn't even know who's truck it was. He knifed the tire because it had a flashing security light, and he wanted time to get someone to help him steel it.

Now considering that info, and the fact this is the stolen car capital of the state, not to mention maybe 10% are recovered... What would you do? It's pretty much known around this neighbor hood people get beat up for messing with cars on this street. Vandalism has dropped over 70%. Yet 3 blooks over it has drastically picked up. Which is why when I get the capital up for my next house I am going to move out of here. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

That's not where the real problem is. The problem is in what you think of you. Good people are concerned about how they treat others; not because they are worried about what others think of them, but because of how they see themselves. I can see from your attitude so far that this just isn't part of your make-up.

Are you exaggerating on the response time? Also, do you not have citizen arrest capability in Ohio? Criminal damage to property (damage resulting from deliberate vandalism is considered criminal damage to property) is a arrestable offense. If you actually witness the perp in the act, you have the authority to effect a citizen's arrest. At least if Ohio is like Wisconsin. Somehow I think that the police response time would be improved if they knew you were holding someone under arrest. You speak of worry about holding someone but you need not worry if you do it right. Anyway, funny how you profess worry about holding someone but none at all about committing retaliatory battery. You sure are a logical fellow.

Sure is easier to steal a vehicle with some flat tires. Yep. Geeeze, this just gets better and better. What were they going to do, come back with jacks, tools and a inflated tire mounted on a wheel that fits, change the flat all so they could 'quickly' steal the truck? Or aren't thieves in Dayton concerned with effecting a quick theft like most auto thieves are?

None of these criminals is affiliated with a gang? If I were you, I would worry that you might be targeted for some payback for the "poundings" you did. It's best to let the police handle it, or just let it go and try to implement improved security measures.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

You know...you are getting way off topic on this one. Come on, just admit you misread a post that Sarge was firing off at me and you put your foot in it. We've all done it on here at one time or another. Best thing to do is just say, "I made a mistake". Everyone will understand and forget about it. We "all" make mistakes. It's just the nature of the beast.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

It's hard to admit I mis-read something I can't even recall. I don't honestly recall the post. If I went to deja news and tried to look, I would have to look thru over 300 posts. So unless someone gives me a date of offense and a title of post(s). I won't even know what I said.

Could I have mis-read something? Well Yea, whom doesn't. Could I have fired from the hip? maybe. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig