Testing fuel injectors? How?

Page 2 of 2
Thanks Don. I'm gonna give em a whirl if they reply to my email.

There is a thing called:
An injector leak down test, done with a fuel pressure gauge and an injector pulser.
A pee on like me has one, shouldn't every diagnostic technician?
Refinish King

What's an injector pulser run?

http://service.gm.com/gmtechlink/images/issues/cnt_mo/TLcme.html#story11 Look at injector cleaning
About $50.00!
That's for a top of the line OTC, available at almost all auto parts stores, or Mac Tools. Snap On will try to sell you something they say is better, but as most technicians know. Snap On electronics are third in line, number one is OTC!
Refinish King

For more info on OTC stuff: http://www.otctools.com / Charles
Your mechanic may be right but if you want to try a cheaper solution, here is one. Get a good fuel injector cleaner, I use Marvel Mystery Oil. Get on the interstate & run it out. Try to keep an average speed of 70-80 mph. Run at least 100 mi. That may take 1 hour 15-20 min but you should see some improvement if the injector is only clogged. If that is the problem all of the injectors should need cleaning.
Using that stuff as we speak. We'll see what the mystery stuff will do.

I cleaned injectors a couple times by using my mighty vac pump hooke dup to the rail end of the injector, create a vacuum.
Hook the injector up to a light 5v AC adaptor, and put the engine end of the injector in a bowl with carb cleaner.
The 5V ac makes the injector pulsate and the carb cleaner gets sucked through it. You will be amazed how much crap comes out of the injector. U can also check the spraypatern like that.
Mathijs Derks