th400 transmission not shifting

I have recently swapped out my tbi for edelbrock multi-port fuel injection on my 454 1 ton chevy. I removed my factory ecm computer to install edelbrocks computer. Well I have a th400 that wont shift
automatically because that little orange wire that comes off of the tranny is just hangin there. I couldnt find a kickdown switch at all on my throttle on the tbi or on the gas pedal in the cab. I know theres a transmission relay on the firewall. According to mitchells wiring diagrams the little orange wire goes to the transmission relay then to the computer I no longer have. Is that correct and if so what can I possble do to get transmission to shift. Any help would be great because Im totally stumped.
If the orange wire went to the factory computer,why is there not a connect on the replacement edlebrock computer?

Because the edelbrock kit that I put on there is for 86 and older basicaly before computer controlled motors. I purchased that edelbrock kit because its totally programmable to my likings on how I want the motor to run per like towing or freeway you just add more fuel or spark were you need it. They dont make a kit for 87 and newer were you can program the motor, they only have a kit that works with the factory computer for those years.

Oh ya and pre 87 like on 86 and older I beleive they had a kicdown switch somewere on the carb or on the gas petal.
make sure vac.is at modulator
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.gm / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html