th400 transmission not shifting

I have recently swapped out my tbi for edelbrock multi-port fuel injection on my 454 1 ton chevy. I removed my factory ecm computer to install edelbrocks computer. Well I have a th400 that wont shift automatically because that little orange wire that comes off of the tranny is just hangin there. I couldnt find a kickdown switch at all on my throttle on the tbi or on the gas pedal in the cab. I know theres a transmission relay on the firewall. According to mitchells wiring diagrams the little orange wire goes to the transmission relay then to the computer I no longer have. Is that correct and if so what can I possble do to get transmission to shift. Any help would be great because Im totally stumped.

Reply to
yblow

If the orange wire went to the factory computer,why is there not a connect on the replacement edlebrock computer?

Reply to
M78Ultra

Because the edelbrock kit that I put on there is for 86 and older basicaly before computer controlled motors. I purchased that edelbrock kit because its totally programmable to my likings on how I want the motor to run per like towing or freeway you just add more fuel or spark were you need it. They dont make a kit for 87 and newer were you can program the motor, they only have a kit that works with the factory computer for those years.

Reply to
yblow

Oh ya and pre 87 like on 86 and older I beleive they had a kicdown switch somewere on the carb or on the gas petal.

Reply to
yblow

make sure vac.is at modulator

-- Message posted using