Thanks to aarcuda

"Rodan" wrote: (1992 Buick Roadmaster 350 TBI).

Idles at 1200-1500 RPM cold or hot, runs rough, feels exactly like a stuck automatic choke, but there is no choke - it's fuel Check the gasket between the throttle body and intake manifold. I'll bet it's sucked in. ___________________________________________

Well, I checked everywhere for vacuum leaks, including under the throttle body, and didn't find the problem. As usual, I decided to start throwing parts and money at it. I bought a new IAC valve first, thinking it might lower the idle speed, so I could then look for the miss.

Miraculously, the IAC valve fixed everything; the idle dropped to the correct 550 rpm and the rough running vanished.

So why am I thanking aarcuda? Because he took the time to offer a suggestion from his experience which I might never have considered. I have been spared many dollars and skinned knuckles by the knowledge shared here by alt.autos.gm posters. And I do the same for others here even though I am sometimes ridiculed by professional auto technicians.

Thanks again to aarcuda, and to all those who have the courtesy and the courage to offer help to others.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Shep