The 3400 in the 03 Rendevous...

(Though I'm sure it applies to other 3400s)
Does this engine use a timing belt or a timing chain?
Is it an interferance engine?
What is the best current Haynes manusmell for the 3400? ( I know, they don't
have a rendezvous one yet, but there has to be a model that is close!)
Timing chain. (Note, this is a different engine than the old 3.4L DOHC that used a timing belt.) Don't know if it's interference or not, but it doesn't really matter much with a chain, they don't generally just go.
"Best Haynes manual" is kind of an oxymoron if you ask me.. If they have one for the Pontiac Aztek, Chevy Venture or Pontiac Trans Sport/Montana, they would be the closest, but lots of stuff if probably different (esp. from the regular minivans).
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
"Twitch" wrote

Timing chain.

I think it might be...but I can tell you that I haven't seen a chain actually break on one of these engines yet.

don't
I don't believe that the words "best" and "Haynes" work well together.
Ian