The Art Of Mastering The Power Steering Cap Removal 3800V6

I'll be heading off to Pittsburgh for the weekend so I'm going through the routine checks one makes before hitting the road.
I have to admit I never did check the Power Steering fluid on the car
since I bought it. I assumed the dealer topped it off .
The location of the PS pump is on the back of the engine up against the firewall. The heater hose run directly over the PS cap. I only got one cut and a scuffed wrist from rubbing the serpentine belt five or six times.
First I had to find a funnel with a 10 inch long fill tube. After several tries to get my fingers on the PS cap I determined the easiest way to get to the PS cap was to run my arm down between the unibody rail and inline with the water pump pulley. Your hand will then end up just below the PS cap line. I was able to spin the cap using a thumb and index finger. Grabbing the cap with two finger to remove it from the pump, then hold the cap with the dipstick pointing down and pull back on your arm until you can get in the clear to straighten up.
I ended up adding 3.5 ounces of PS Fluid.
Harryface
05 Park Avenue 34,477 91 Bonneville LE 306,078
Same thing with changing the Air Filter on the 3800. I got 2 cuts and after 10 minutes was able to get the new one in. I haven't bothered checking the PS fluid because I do not want to go through all that trouble.