The Drive-a-Toyota Act

Page 14 of 15
Jeff Mayner wrote:

That's pretty rich (pun intended) - the Soros crowd even being able to utter the word "truth". (BTW - look up the word grammmar so you understand what all it entails. Hint - it ain't just sentence structure.)
Bill Putney wrote:

What it meant in this instance was that typing "slowing" instead of "slower" (which of course you understood) gave you a chance to avoid the suggestion and punt.
F.H. wrote:

No - that's what "News" (busted brain guy) does when I make a typo.
"F.H." wrote:

The sale was required at the time. It would have been extremely unethical not to sell the stock. It was not hidden.

Fourteen (14) convictions were made during the Whitewater investigation, *including a sitting governor*, three business partners of the Clintons, and the #3 man at the Justice Dept. If you want to know why it hadn't reached the Clintoons, you would need to ask Susan McDougal, Webb Hubbell, and the late James McDougal, not to mention Vince Foster who for years put up roadblock after roadblock to the truth. And Don't forget Hillary Clinton, who "lost" the billing records that were under subpoena and who also coordinated in cleaning out Foster's office after his untimely death. But that's ok, why should they follow the law?
Greg wrote:

Opinion without proof equals opinion. Place your bets. What was it McDougal was jailed for again? Refusing to lie? Where's a Special Prosecutor when we *need* one.
"F.H." wrote:

No.
"Refusing to lie?" Hardly. The judge was clear. All she had to do was answer the questions, the same as anyone else under the justice system.. By the way, she was also convicted of numerous fraud and conspiracy counts on the same case. How convenient that Clinton pardoned her after she fell on the sword for him. But with bodies dropping all over in that case, perhaps it was self preservation.
Greg wrote:

The reason Susam McDougal wouldn't talk is because they want her to lie before Kenneth Starr's grand jury. If she tells the truth then her testomony will conflict with the testomony of other witnesses that Starr has coerced into lying. Because of the conflicting testomony, if Susan McDougal tellshe truth, Starr will prosecute her for Perjury. They can do that in a grand jury.
However, the rules aren't the same in open court. Susan McDougal could have told the truth in front of a judge without fear of perjury. And she offered to do so. But Starr wouldn't allow that because he isn't interested in the truth. Starr was only interested in getting Clinton.
"F.H." wrote:

The convict, Susan McDougal, was found in contempt of court by a judge for refusing to testify, not for "refusing to lie." All she had to do was to tell the truth!
Greg wrote:

Sure.
wrote in message

Really? They better get a special prosecutor right on that shit. I'd say spend as much taxpayer's money as needed to get to the bottom of it too. Leave no stone unturned, no matter where it takes him. I don't care if they don't find anything and spen 40 million.
I know of a guy over at Pepperdine that has some experience in Wild-ass Goose Chases that would be just right for the job. Name's Ken Starr. ;-)

wrote in message

he'll
Keep working it Bill, keep working it! Since neither of them is going to be on the 2008 ticket, and Hillary isn't going to be nominated for President (VP is most likely) you can keep yourself amused shooting at 10 year old memories while the rest of the country pays attention to the folks actually on the ticket. (hint, you have to actually be running to have a chance at being elected to the Presidency)
Ted
Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

?? I wasn't even thinking of this in the context of an election.

running to

So the Republicans have realized they have no chance of winning the next election, to the point that they aren't even thinking about it. Best news I've heard all day!
Ted
Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

Look for Junior to try and declare martial law. ;) (They've laid enough groundwork that's for sure).
Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

Nah - it's a Republican trick. The more we let the Democrats talk freely and publicly, the more they embarrass themselves and the more people vote Republican. People like Gore (carbon credits/global warming scams) and Sharpton (Duke University), and even the serious candidates, are our biggest help. And we appreciate the help from you guys here too.
Bill Putney wrote:

LOL, the mumblings of a guy being led to the gallows. ;)

I don't know about anywhere else, but where I'm at (MI) there are several idversion programs for people that don't have records. They are used more frequently than a lot of people realize.

in message

We covered this when it actually happened. In various magazine road tests the Prius was able to top 105 mph.
Ed
DeserTBob's Futile Efforts wrote:

Yes they can.
A litle late with the news, are we? ;-)
On Jul 31, 6:33 am, DeserTBob's Futile Efforts

Except for all the Prius drivers that have received tickets for speeding... 100mph is still beneath the rev-limiter on the Prius!