the economics of continually buying worn out, old beater cars

Page 2 of 2
grappletech wrote:

200K is just broke in for a WCVW. My mom's '86 Golf has well more than that now - maybe 300K (I haven't seen it in a couple years.) My '84 'roccet had 240K on it when I sold it and it ran like a damn sewing machine - I just didn't have the time to replace the radiator and rear brakes like it needed and didn't need the extra car laying around. I think that the GTI I was referring to above had maybe only 180K on it but it was a "barn car" before I got it so a lot of the rotating accessories had to be replaced. You can't equate the 74-up watercooleds with the earlier aircooleds, I don't really know what the service life is of a WCVW because I've never kept one long enough to reach it!

Related Threads is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.