The GM VOLT! $41,000 For A 40-Mile Car! YOU SUCKERS READY TO BITE?

Page 3 of 3
Actually I figured out some time ago that you apparently like to waste your time by commenting on every subject, in various NGs, just to see yourself in
print. Personally I could not care less what you do or what you choose to believe about the Volt that will only be sold in the US. ;)

The high torque of an electric motor, like those that motivate the Volt, should quite easily blow past most of the under powered high winding, low torque 4cy cars on the road today on the entry ramps and curves on mountain roads. Especially the small and midget cars that are being offered by the Japanese

So are you going to beta test the Volt and buy one? [ snicker ]
On 29/07/2010 5:51 PM, Mike wrote:

--
We are all self-made, but only the rich will admit it.

Yes and the Volt IS a "Hybrid", specifically a serial plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) and the SAE agrees. The SAE also states that MPG during charge sustaining mode and watthours per mile during charge depleting mode must be quoted separately not combined into some faux MPG number
The EPA has devised a different method, than used for engine powered vehicles to rate hybrids like those from Ford, GM, Toyota and Honda as well as a method for Generated / Electric only motivated vehicles like the Volt. The difference in the Volt's generators engine is that it runs at a constant RPM, like stationary engines. That is a far more efficient way to run an engine

Have they fixed the problem where the MG set can now charge the batteries?
On 29/07/2010 6:09 PM, Mike wrote:

--
We are all self-made, but only the rich will admit it.

Clive

Perhaps should have said motivate the vehicle, rather then power, to make it more understandable for the slower witted in the NG? ;)