The New Chevy Malibu...Is it REALLY New?

Hi...can we talk?...about NEEW Chevy Malibu?? Is the Malibu really new or is it a recreation? As in a recreation of the Australian Holden Monaro. I mean
isn't the Malibu just a Holden Monaro with a Jenny Jones makeover to fit in with the US market? Add some makeup and a few upgrades here and there and Vvwaallaa!, an all new car at least as it would seem to most. Back to my question and correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Malibu just a rehabbed rebadged GM Australian car?
No need to repeat yourself.

what ?