The new GM looks abroad

The real reason plants move is to clean out the riff-raff. Every company builds up dead weight, but the union does not allow it to be cleaned out so once to a toxic level, close and move.

Reply to
Canuck57

Which i why governments wild jump in debt-spending hasn't been seen by the middle class at all.

It is also why Reaganomics worked and Obamanomics corruption fails. Obama is bailing out super rich and corrupt banking. Reagan simply and ultra efficiently left productive people with more of their own money. While Obama is stealing the middle class worker blind saddling them with more massive government ponzi debt.

Criminal actually.

Reply to
Canuck57

Reply to
Canuck57

Yep, I agree with that. GM was one of the funnels for the cash too. Now that its usefulness is over as a cash siphon they want to dump the turkey.

Corruption is sure deep in DC.

Reply to
Canuck57

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, no mater how convoluted it may be LOL

Reply to
Mike

Obviously you did not search the US Commerce Department site if that is what you still chose to believe. What you sited are the sales figures not the point of origin and all of the midget cars and Luxury models are made in Japan, dummy

Please name the Toyota Motor Company vehicles that you think are made in the US. You can even include those that are only assembled in the US of mostly imported parts and materials like the Camry.

Reply to
Mike

The average US buyer TODAY, does not buy the less expensive midget or small cars, they buy midsize cars.

Reply to
Mike

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling but GM is STILL the number one seller in the US, year to date. LOL

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
Mike

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling but GM is STILL the number one seller in the US, year to date. LOL

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
Mike

In message , Jim_Higgins writes

Yes the second paragraph sums up the situation nicely, but this time, if the US puts up trade barriers, I'm sure Europe, Russia and the rest of the world will pick up the slack with the rest of the world to service China and India.

Reply to
Clive

You seem to have missed the fact that we are already in deep doodoo. We are looking for the shallowest end of the cesspool

Reply to
hls

I dont think so, Canuck. I have lived in countries where importation controls were in effect. You still have to have cars, and other things, but you get used to paying a lot for them.

Our "trading partners" already have ways to control imports from us. And they can do it without taxes.

Reply to
hls

In message , hls writes

Yes, Japan doesn't allow car ownership unless the owner has a parking space or the vehicle is so short that if it's not made in Japan, it can't be bought.

Reply to
Clive

Plus if GM needs to double an already inflated price using protectionism there will be a whole lot less domestic buyers.

In fact this phenomenon has already stated. More and more people are locating themselves closer to work as to walk to work. Negating the need for a full time vehicle.

Reply to
Canuck57

More and more people are locating themselves closer to work as to walk to work, negating the need for a full time vehicle. __________________________________________________________________

There will be no need to drive long distances, because there will be no big, sprawling manufacturing plants to drive to for work. They will all have been relocated to foreign countries.

We will abandon our dreams of being suburban homeowners and become in-town rental apartment dwellers. Our needs for food, clothing and entertainment will be within walking distance. Any transportation needs will be met by public buses or trains, on schedules set by the government.

Welcome to the new year: 1800.

Reply to
Rodan

If you want to look into the future then living close to a river like the people in pakistan

Reply to
Bjorn

You must believe all Americans live on the east and west costs. ;)

Reply to
Mike