The new Tahoes...

...are starting to show up in the car books and the reviews are favorable to very favorable, although in a (Motor Trend, I think) comparison with a Ford Expedition the Tahoe was better overall, but not in all ways. Gas mileage is somewhat better than the old Tahoe/Yukon from the real world figures given (14 mpg average).

The amazing thing was that the new Tahoe weighs 500 lb. more than the old. We are at 5500 lb. now.

Pause.

GM needs these things to succeed. Gas has recently spiked to $3 a gallon. It will again. SUV sales are down as a result. What possessed them, GM, to add

500 lb. to the weight of an already porky vehicle in a big redesign. Where is the affordable diesel option? Where is the hybrid option? Where is the weight loss that was called for?

Is anybody at GM corporate management actually awake? No one? At all?

Reply to
GLitwinski

We went from a 04Tahoe to a 05Envoy. The Envoy is a all around better truck imo.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

The vehicle was undoubtedly redesigned BEFORE gas went to $3. You assume that a vehicle which recently hit showroom floors was designed last year. No way.

Reply to
Scott

"GLitwinski" wrote in news:9xWvf.73$ snipped-for-privacy@fe04.lga:

Forget the weight...they look like a minivan from the back! Ewwww!

Adam

Reply to
Adam Leinss