The Overhaulin' Cars on TV.

After watching Overhaulin' on TV, what do you think the longterm hold up for those cars are?
I wonder if alot of those cars don't have problems down the road a month
or two seeing most of the work done to the cars is rushed to be completed in only 7 days.
My car could use some overhaulin' LOL.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,133 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
Harry Face wrote:

won't be a problem. If they ever did to my car what they did to that Challenger though someone would be in for an ass-kicking. At the least I'd want all my parts back. It really cheesed me off how they were calling it a "rust bucket" or "junk". Looked like a pretty damn nice straight car before they started..
Shaved doorhandles, stupid idea. Those rims might look good on some weird-ass lowrider. NOT on that MOPAR. Paint can be redone. Spoilers gone, WTF? Original flip top gas cap gone. Again, WTF?
I did like the interior.
Oh and Foose? Don't ever tell me not to get upset.
FBR wrote:

My buddy wants to be on Overhaulin. I'd be pissed if they did my car. I'm not the biggest fan of Chip's style.
I do wonder about some of the stuff they do - it's impressive, but you rush - you make mistakes and stuff...
Although, it'd me nice if my 80 TA actually had front end sheetmetal again. ;)
Ray

I'd
it a

before
Yeah, I think they're a little rushed. However, it's pretty obvious that Chip doesn't have a lot of idiots running around his shop damaging things. They are at least competent. All the other "shop reality" shows, as far as I know, have a lot of disfunctional losers on them that have no skills. These guys are the ones shooting paint ball guns, having food fights, and building things in three or four tries without measuring. I wouldn't want them in the same room with an expensive car, let alone building one. For what the famous guys charge, I'd expect a lot more brains among the staff. These guys are all in the process of having their reputations ruined aren't they?
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote in message

Whenever there's a problem the first thing to consider is the previous repair. So with all those changes I would expect things to go wrong from the parts or the work. That's just a fact. If I owned one I'd be checking everything very closely at first and somewhat closely after a few months.
First thing I would do is...... SELL IT ! What a sales pitch, "This car was on Overhaulin on TV!"

@yahoo.com says...

Good point -- but the first thing *I* would do would be to drive it for a few months - then sell it. You might as well have some fun with it. So long as you unload it *before* things start falling off.
-Mike
I'm guessing there's more to the show then what you see on TV. There has to be tons of paperwork that you won't sue if you don't like it, etc. Alot of the scenarios involve the car being 'stolen' or Who in their right mind wouldn't contact their own insurance agent or the police department? Who waits for the police to call them?
Don't get me wrong Chip Foose is great designer and I'm sure they have top notch team working on the vehicle. The results look 100 times better then the 'pimp my ride' show.

These cars for the most part were everyday drivers. I think what most people have to worry about is when they have to pay $200+ for A new tire, replacement pads for those hi-performance brakes. or an irreplaceable "one of a kind" Foose rim after they hit a curb. I sure would not be able to afford that kind of cheddar to get those parts. Or repairing that ding after the first shopping cart hits it. Who is going to read Chips mind and mix that paint 100% again? Or countles other one of a kind mods that will kill the owner down the road. It is fascinating what they do to the cars, and I have even picked up a few "tips" that I would not mind trying on my 1979 Cutlass that is collecting dust and trash in my garage.
nice gesture to the deserving...BUT I'll take Extreme Home Makeover ANYDAY

Those stripes Foose does are kinda cheesy. I prefer my hot rods the old fashioned way: black with Cragars. Maybe a mild flame job (probably not though).
I actually saw a set of the old school Cragars on a 90 something Dodge RAM...it actually looked pretty damn good (for a Dodge) Blue regular cab with silver racing stripes. The truck has a very nostalgic look to it as if it was born in the 70's

News==----
Newsgroups
There will be an episode in Jan05 about the 1970 GTO that Lance Armstrong's gf Sheryl Crow gave to him. The local tv news briefly showed parts of it - stripped of GTO badges for "LiveStrong" badges and valve covers, kinda cheesy ... It was claimed that it was in very bad shape and bought for about 15K, and then the mods boosted the value to over 100K
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=overhaulin+gto+%22lance+armstrong%22
See, look where the show is headed. If you are not celebrity good luck getting on.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=overhaulin+gto+%2 2lance+armstrong%22
I could never be on that show for one simple reason:
I'd never believe that someone actually stole my truck.
["Followup-To:" header set to alt.autos.gm.] SBlackfoot wrote:

ROTFLMAO! }:O)
--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.